The lightship Helwick LV14 was built and commissioned by Trinity House in 1953. It was brought to Cardiff Bay in 1993 and restored to create a floating Christian Centre.
The vessel is now a major attraction providing a refreshment area and a venue for exhibitions and meetings.
Take a tour of the vessel – visit the light tower, the engine room and the cabins.
Like all charities, the Lightship is run as a "non-profit making" venture.
The vessel still requires some restoration, constant upkeep and we rely on volunteer helpers not only for this but also to run and serve in the Galley or to act as tour guides.
Donations from industry and the public are welcomed.